Facing trouble accessing your company file in QuickBooks? Let us help. QuickBooks users often run into QuickBooks won’t open errors on their system because of technical issues on the system as well as with Quickbooks.
We understand that accessing the company file is crucial for users, thus, this article will help you understand the causes behind this error, its symptoms and effective solutions to kick the won’t open error from the system. Now, let’s begin.
What causes QuickBooks to show the Won’t Open Error?
The reasons behind won’t open errors in QuickBooks will help users avoid its recurrence. Hence, check them below:
- Improper QuickBooks Installation: It causes QuickBooks to misoperate and display the won’t open error.
- Infected Hard Disk: QuickBooks product key gets stored in the hard drive which is crucial for QuickBooks startup.
- Long File Name: A long QuickBooks company file name restricts users from accessing the file.
- Corrupt “QBWUSER.INI” File: The QBWUSER.INI file is important in QuickBooks functioning.
- Outdated Windows OS: It exposes your system at risk and causes Quickbooks to not open.
Indications of QuickBooks not opening Error
Before we move to fix QuickBooks won’t open error, users must confirm the error by ensuring the below-mentioned indications of this error:
- As soon as QuickBooks launches, an error code appears and the system begins to lag.
- The keyboard and mouse commands can’t be recognized anymore.
- Error message appears: Can’t open the QuickBooks.
- The company file becomes inaccessible.
Common Solutions for QuickBooks won’t open error
As we analyzed the causes and indications of this QuickBooks can’t open error, the following solutions are capable of removing this error effectively.
Furthermore, it is highly recommended that users carry out a system restart and after that, perform these solutions consecutively.
Solution 1: End the QBW32.exe process.
The most reliable solution for QuickBooks won’t open issues is ending the QBW32.exe process from the Task Manager. Here’s how:
- To start with, hold “Ctrl” + “Shift” with “Esc” together.
- Then, choose “Windows Task-Manager”.
- Next, select “Processes” and find “QBW32.exe”.
- Finally, click “QBW32.exe” and choose “End-Task”.
This will refresh your QuickBooks and fix the error. In case you still get the won’t open error, rename your QBWUSER file. Follow next.
Solution 2: Rename QBWUSER.INI File
Renaming the “QBWUSER.INI” file refreshes previously opened company files and fix the QuickBooks not opening issue. Follow these steps:
- First, start “My-Computer”.
- Next, double-tap “C: Drive”.
- Then, access these folders:
- – “Application Data”.
- – “Intuit”.
- – “QuickBooks (year)”.
- Now, locate “QBWUSER.INI” and right-tap on it.
- Finally, select “Rename” and add “ABC” then hit “Enter”.
Now the “QBWUSER.INI” file is renamed, you can access your company file without getting the error code QuickBooks can’t open.
Solution 3: Relocate Company File
If you get the error even after the above solution, your company file is at fault. You can fix your company file using QuickBooks File Doctor or relocating the company file. Here’s how:
- Start with arriving at your Company file’s directory.
- Then, right-click the company file to select “Copy”.
- Next, launch “My-Computer”.
- Now, visit “C: Drive” and tap right anywhere.
- After that, select “New” then choose “Create-Folder”.
- Finally, launch the folder and hold “Ctrl” + “V” together.
This will relocate your company file and fix any existing corruption from it.
Solution 4: Use QuickFix Program
In case the above solutions fail to resolve QuickBooks not opening error, chances are your QuickBooks is corrupt.
Fortunately, users can fix their QuickBooks using QuickFix Program residing under QuickBooks Tool Hub. Follow these steps:
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub latest version.
- After that, launch the setup and install it appropriately.
- Next, finish its installation and launch the QB Toll Hub.
- Now, visit “Program-Problems”
- Finally, run “QuickFix My-Program”.
Note: As you start the “QuickFix My Program” tool, it can take up to 20 minutes based on your system’s performance. Furthermore, do not forget to restart your system after the tool completes diagnosing QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic
QuickBooks Install Diagnostics tool often helps in launching the QuickBooks without showing the QuickBooks can’t open error. Hence, run the Diagnostic tool using these steps:
- First, launch QuickBooks-Tool-Hub.
- Then, visit “Installation-Issues”.
- Next, run “QuickBooks-Install-Diagnostics-Tool”.
- Finally, choose the issue appropriately.
Solution 6: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
The final solution for QuickBooks won’t open errors is to repair your Quickbooks desktop manually through the control panel. Here’s how:
- Initially, ensure to take a complete backup of your company files.
- After that, access the “Start” menu and visit “Control-Panel”.
- Then, choose “Programs-Features”.
- Thereafter, click “Uninstall-Program”.
- Next, select “QuickBooks” and tap “Uninstall”.
- Now, click “Continue” and hit “Next”.
- Finally, ensure to choose “Repair” and finish the remaining instructions.
As you finish repairing your QuickBooks Desktop, make sure to run a system restart and confirm the QuickBooks is unable to open error.
QuickBooks refuses to launch because of improper installation, corrupt hard drive, and other outlined issues. The solutions offered in this article are capable of assisting users in fixing the QuickBooks won’t open errors.
Furthermore, the outlined reasons causing this error to emerge will help you avoid its recurrence.
You can also read this: Hoverboard With Handle Bars 2022