Are you wondering how to configure the Orbi device using your existing router? If you nod in yes, then you are on the right post. Here, you will get to know a complete set of instructions that will help you configure the Orbi using your existing router. So, without much delay, read on!
Steps to Set Up Orbi Device
Step 1: Power On the Orbi
- Is your Orbi new? If so, then unbox it carefully without damaging its parts.
- As soon as you unbox it, plug the Orbi into a working wall outlet.
- Press the power button on the Orbi.
- Ensure that the wall socket in which you have plugged in your Orbi isn’t damaged.
- It is also recommended that you plug in your Orbi near to your existing router.
- Wait for the power LED to turn green.
Step 2: Connect Orbi to Router
The next step in our post is to make a connection between the Orbi and your router. For this, grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Orbi to the router. Make sure that the connection is strong enough. Also, the Ethernet cable you have used to connect your devices isn’t damaged.
Step 3: Sync the Devices
- Press the sync button on your devices.
- You will see Orbi blue light shortly. If the Orbi ring LED is solid blue for 90-180 seconds, it means that the connection between your Orbi and router is good.
Step 4: Access Orbilogin.com
- Once a steady connection has been made between your Orbi device and router, power on a computer or laptop.
- Then, open an internet browser of your choice. Make sure you use an updated version of the internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type orbilogin.com without making any typing errors.
- Once you are done, press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Orbi login window.
If you face orbilogin.com not working issue, then consider using the default IP address of the device to access the login page.
Step 5: Log In to Your Orbi
- As soon as the Orbi login page appears on your computer/ laptop home screen, you will be prompted to log in. So, what you have to do – enter the Orbi default username and password into the provided fields and click on Log In.
- Make sure to have the correct orbilogin details. If you have changed the orbilogin details, we suggest you to use them instead.
- The Orbi’s Basic home screen will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and configure the Orbi with your existing router.
Troubleshooting Orbi Setup Issues
Are you facing issues while setting up your Orbi? If so, then don’t sweat over it. Just follow the troubleshooting tips highlighted below and get rid of Orbi setup issues in no time.
- Ensure that the Orbi and your router are getting a steady and fluctuation-free power supply.
- Make sure that the sync button is properly pressed.
- Ensure that the web address, orbilogin.com isn’t entered in the browser’s search bar.
- Be certain that you are connected to your home WiFi only during the setup process.
Still facing Orbi setup issues? Then the only way out to cope up with the issue is to power cycle or restart your Orbi.
To power cycle your Orbi, follow the steps highlighted below:
- Disconnect your Orbi with the existing router.
- Turn off your Orbi device. Unplug it.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug in back the Orbi device again.
- Connect the Orbi to your router.
- Wait for the power LED on the Orbi device to become stable.
- Perform the Orbi setup process again.
To Sum Up
Performing Orbi setup process with existing router isn’t a daunting task. However, 90% percent of Orbi users face issues while configuring it. But, if you follow the Orbi setup instructions listed above in exact given order, nothing would stop you from configuring the device with ease.
Just in case, you need help regarding the Orbi setup process, feel free to drop your queries into the comments section.