To save money on total interest, one must carefully evaluate the SBI Personal Loan balance transfer offers and select the best one. The borrower is not required to furnish any collateral throughout the loan transfer process. Foreclosure fees, processing fees, and stamp duty on the loan agreement are some of the small fees associated with the SBI Personal Loan balance transfer (if applicable). The interest rates given by new lenders on personal loan balance transfers are typically lower than those paid by your current lender. Your current outstanding loan amount, loan tenure, credit score, income, and other characteristics of your credit profile will all influence the interest rate provided.
Transferring a personal loan balance to an SBI personal loan account
Are you seeking better terms on a personal loan you took out with a different bank? You can use an SBI Personal Loan to pay off the balance of your existing personal loan. People can move their loan balances to an SBI personal loan account, according to the State Bank of India. SBI will be your new lender after the transfer is completed.
State Bank of India’s Personal Loan Balance Transfer Characteristics
- Lower interest rates: When you move your existing loan balance to an SBI personal loan, you will benefit from lower interest rates. Shifting your loan to a new lender would always assist you reduce your loan expenses by lowering your EMIs and overall interest liabilities.
- Higher credit score: If you have been paying your EMIs on time and on schedule but believe that paying your remaining EMIs would be tough owing to some other personal financial difficulty or unexpected additional expenses, you may consider a balance transfer of your personal loan. When you accomplish the transfer, your EMIs will be reduced, and you will be able to save a significant amount on your loan costs. This will have a favourable effect on your credit payback cycle. As a response, your credit score will improve significantly.
- Higher loan tenure: If you choose SBI as your loan company, you can have a new debate with the bank and adjust the terms and circumstances of your loan. This can even include the length of your SBI personal loan. Your monthly EMI will drop as your loan term lengthens, allowing you to repay it over a longer period of time.
- Top-up loans facilities: You may be able to borrow additional loan funds when you transfer your personal loan balances to your SBI personal loan account. If you apply for a top-up loan with your current lender, you may be requested to pay a high interest rate. Instead, you can transfer the balance of your current loan to an SBI personal loan account and receive extra capital. However, you should check with an SBI representative to see if you are eligible for a top-up loan and if there are any limitations.
Is a loan refinance or a loan transfer a better option?
Making the choice – If you’re in the early stages of your loan, refinancing is a terrific alternative. That’s when your EMIs’ interest component is the largest. The interest component is gradually reduced. To get a better idea of what to expect, utilise the SBI Personal Loan Transfer Calculator.
Whenever you make up your mind to refinance, investigate the following:
- What are your current bank’s prepayment penalties and your new bank’s processing fees?
- What is the value of your interest-bearing savings? Make a cost-benefit analysis to see how much money you’ll save.
- Is the EMI for a loan for the same amount less than your existing loan?
The Bottom Line
When you transfer a Personal Debt from one bank to another, your new bank – in this case, SBI Bank – usually pays off your old loan. If your current loan has a prepayment clause, you may be required to pay those fees. You may also be required to pay processing costs for your new loan. However, if you had a lower interest rate, your savings would grow, which would offset these fees. The SBI personal loan interest rate for a balance transfer stands at 9.60% p.a and goes up from there.
Read Also: Minimum CIBIL score required for a home loan