Whenever you turn on your Netgear Nighthawk router, the power LED on it will become stable green after blinking. But, what if it becomes amber/ orange or start blinking orange? A big reason to worry about! But, not you as we have got you covered. In this article, we have mentioned some of the most simple yet effective tips that will help you get rid of Netgear Nighthawk router amber/ orange light issue within minutes. Continue reading!
Fixed: Nighthawk Router Orange LED
Fix 1: Check the Power
Chances are that your Netgear Nighthawk router is not receiving an adequate power supply from its respective wall outlet, resulting in the issue. Therefore, ensure that the power socket in which your Nighthawk device is plugged in isn’t damaged or fluctuated.
So, to get the issue fixed, either get the wall socket repaired or plug in your Nighthawk device into another well working wall outlet.
Fix 2: Verify the Ethernet Connection
Making use of a faulty Ethernet cable to connect your Nighthawk router and modem may also let you experience orange/amber LED on your device. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest you use a damaged-free Ethernet cable to connect your devices. Also, ensure that the Ethernet connection between your Nighthawk router and modem are finger-tight and secure.
Once you’re done, verify the Ethernet connection between your devices by accessing the Netgear router login page.
Fix 3: Perform Firmware Update
If nothing helped you fix Netgear Nighthawk orange/ amber light issue, then that’s might be because of an outdated firmware version. Therefore, it is suggested – access the Netgear Nighthawk setup page, provide the default Netgear router login credentials (unless changed) and follow the on-screen instructions. We suggest you follow the firmware update in exact given order to avoid any inconvenience.
Fix 4: Configure it Properly!
Incomplete Netgear Nighthawk setup may also let you experience the orange/ amber light issue. Therefore, to get the most out of your Netgear Nighthawk router, ensure to configure it properly. Refer to the Netgear device manual or login to Nighthawk router for complete configuration instructions.
Fix 5: Power Cycle the device
If nothing worked for you in fixing amber/ orange color LED issue on your Netgear Nighthawk router, then the only way out to fix it is to power cycle or restart the device. In order to restart or power cycle your Netgear Nighthawk router, outlined below are the instructions that you need to follow in exact given order:
- First of all, disconnect all the devices that are currently connected to your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Turn off your Netgear Nighthawk router. Unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time. Let the device take some rest.
- Plug the Netgear Nighthawk router back in.
- The power LED will become green and stable shortly upon blinking for a couple of minutes.
Fix 6: Check the Location
Bad placement of your Netgear Nighthawk router may also not give you expected results. Therefore, to fix amber/ orange light issue, make sure that your router is placed at the center-most, higher, and ventilated location in your home. Also, keep a couple of points into consideration while placing your Netgear Nighthawk router:
- The device shouldn’t be placed inside a cupboard or cabinet.
- Netgear router must not be located under a table or back of curtains, devices, or doors.
- The Nighthawk device should be placed away from the areas in your home where it easily fetches third-party WiFi signals. This will result in orange light issue as well as the non-working of the device. Because, neighboring WiFi signals may interfere with your router’s network.
Here’s to hope that – with the help of the troubleshooting tips listed in this post will help you fix Netgear Nighthawk orange light issue. On the off chance if you are still struggling with the same problem, don’t hesitate to shot your queries into the comments section.